Russian Target rifles

Hey Im new to the forum so I thought I would ask... who here is into Russian or old Soviet target rifles? This topic is the whole reason I joined this forum. I own and collect Russian and Soviet rifles. Also if anyone can tell me where in the forum, are Russian firearms talked about...?:confused:

Welcome to the forum.

Every now and then we get some questions about the Russian rifles. There was one fairly recently asking about old Soviet scopes.

Though i've been hearing some rumbles about some of the new rifles built there that are the cats meow.

Hope the OP can share some photos.

Canadians might have the most input on Soviet guns.
We had trade restrictions on a lot of that stuff I think, and as sanctions eased, the old empire saw their best market in the selling of AK clones.

I, for one, sure wish we did not have our screwed up laws concerning buying guns out of Canada,
because I'd sure like an older model - 60's thru 70's - 9.3 Medved for deer and bear hunting.

It's not a target rifle, but it is uncommon (in the U.S., anyways) and the rifle has always intrigued me.

JT

Yes I have many friends in Canada that have some of the rifles I do. The Canadians have a bit more access to these rifles but they are still very hard to find. My family are former Soviet refugees, I have spent my entire life shooting Soviet guns. Still have the first Pistol I ever had, Makarov PM, was gifted to me year before I was old enough to buy a handgun.
I am interested in any Russian firearms. I figured every forum has someone who knows something so I look to The Firing Line to see whats going on.

Izmash builds a biathlon rifle and several non-biathlon target rifles in 22lr. I believe that they were imported by Russian American Arms corporation.

I'm not familiar with any other Russian/Soviet target rifle.

Welcome aboard.

Back