Russian Target Rifle

TLH

Does anyone know anything about a Russian Biatholon (sic) rifle with a toggle bolt.
It's a bolt action, Micrometer sights, large globe front sight. flip down shields on both front and rear sights. Bolt has a long vertical extension.. short throw flips Luger type toggle bolt. Stock looks like it was cut from 2x6, holds 4 spare magazines on right side. Gun shop asking about $650 and although it's something different I have no idea what it's actuallt worth. Any ideas ??
Thanks

TLH
Don't know much about it. Saw one in Moscow, in the 70's, and it placed in the top ten shooters, of all the Eastern Block Countries of that period.

Don't have a value, but if you want an accurate rifle, the price would seem resonable.

HJN

Go to www.kusa.guns.ru then click on the target rifles link. I think the weapon you're looking for is the first one - Biathlon 7 they call it.
According to the site the BI-7-3 and BI-7-4 are designed for 50 meter biathalon shooting. The BI -73 is recommended for women and juniors and the BI-7-4 for men. The differences are dimensions of the stock and the position of the trigger relative to the grip.
This rifle uses a 5.6 mm rimfire round (if original). I have no idea where you'd find this ammunition if you're looking for a shooter.
The asking price for different models of target rifles varies from $495 to $1225 US with this model listing at $925.
See the link for further info.
HTH

Thanks Jim. I was thinking it was .22lr but for some reason .216 kept popping up in my excuse for a brain :eek:

Back