Russian Target Rifle

TLH

Does anyone know anything about a Russian Biatholon (sic) rifle with a toggle bolt.
It's a bolt action, Micrometer sights, large globe front sight. flip down shields on both front and rear sights. Bolt has a long vertical extension.. short throw flips Luger type toggle bolt. Stock looks like it was cut from 2x6, holds 4 spare magazines on right side. Gun shop asking about $650 and although it's something different I have no idea what it's actuallt worth. Any ideas ??
Thanks

Is it this One?
http://www.armament.com/b74.htm

In my country (not Russia) it is called IZHMASH (read eem-say) Sable. It is very good special purpose rifle. Accuracy is good (group less than 1" at 50 meters). The barrel is cold hammer forged fully protected with 3/8" deep cut crown but the magazine is limited to 5. A friend cut two magazines and pasted them together. Surprise! it feeds for a short while before the follower mangled up due to excessive rub with welding seam. At $650 is a bit steep. It sales around 2/3 of that in Europe. But I do not know the price structure in the US.
Ohh, if you to mount a scope, the scope rail is very short (3.5")thus offer a limited scope position. The rear sight is a V notch affair with foldable double blade for 50 and 75 M. If you want to sigthing in using a bunny bag, the stock doesn't ride the bag very well. See the photo and you know what I mean.
All in all, a very special purpose rifle if you want to start doing biatlon match, but if you want it for conventional informal shooting, a conventional bolt RF rifle is better.
In my humble opinion, sbs.

Back