Russian SKS 1954r Questions?

critter

Inactive
I just acquired a Russian SKS marked 1954r, fixed 10 round mag, made by Simonov.

Is there a detachable magazine conversion available for this rifle? Any Idea of it's worth? It is in unissued condition, complete with cleaning kit, and spare parts, and all numbers are matching.

Thanks!
Jim

Hi, Critter,

Can someone check me on this, but I think it depends on when the gun was imported whether such a conversion is legal. The SKS is not an "assault rifle" as originally manufactured, but it may become one when a detachable magazine is put on.

FWIW, I do know some folks who converted SKS's to detachable AK mags, and some of those conversions did not work very well.

Jim

I think you can but you must take off the bayonet. I'm not 100% sure on that either.
My son wanted me to do that to mine,So instead of messing with my 100% Russian I bought a Romainian to sporterize. After trying to figure out what was and wasn't legal I gave up and Iam leaving both as is.
The Russian is a keeper and the Roamanian is the shooter and it does it very well
smile.gif

Hope this helped...kinda
smile.gif

Happy shooting
smile.gif

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

Back