Russian Attack Sub for Sale

I wonder how many smuggling runs of cuban (cigars) are needed to make that sucker pay itself off?

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Ned, is this a pre-ban 636 Kylo class, with a full complement of 18 torpedoes? Or, is this one of those post-ban, crippled subs with only 10 fish? ;)

This isn't news they been selling battery boats for years...Every third rate power in the world with beach frontage has been buying them like mad.

Yea sure they lure ya into the store with the "on sale" Russian subs, but everybody knows the really low mileage, well maintained nuclear powered attack vessels are still way overpriced. Typical Bear bait and switch. The real bargains are to be found in the crew bins. I understand you can still man a whole diesel boat for the price of 40 Dennys grand slams. Some of those sailors ain't been paid since last christmas. :)

That's about right. Ebay won't allow gun sales anymore. Guess the commission on a 1,000,000 sale is just much to pass up.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

What are the bids like so far? Maybe we at TFL could buy it jointly. The only web site with our own sub. LOL

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I'd like to know a couple things first: what's the warranty, what's the financing, have there been any factory recalls, and most importantly is this a reputable dealer that will be around if I need parts or service?

Ned, Whats bad about this is that it would take the U.S. Navy way more than a million to sink it! Most likely, it would go down with all hands by itself!
Hank Lampe, Former U.S.Navy Patrol Squadron Person.

I heard the mexican wetback's association have put in a bid of 1,000,100.oo on it
but they were soon outbid by the Mexican Mariquiana Growers Association whose bid was
1,000,800.oo. The bidding is now going hot & heavy between the growers association and
Sneaky Pete's Surplus Gun Runners.
!&^)

I saw this on fox news tonight. They showed a picture of it and it looked like it needed a lot of work and the other funny thing was it almost sunk 3 times crossing the atlantic.
The good news was the city that has it, I thinks its st. petersburg or tampa has agreed to waive the 150,000 dollar docking fee, B/c they want it gone!

Well - One Mil is a little spendy - especially for a Kilo class. If you travel there to Russia you can pick one up for about 500,000 US Cash. You will have to sail her home though - so you'll need a small crew. Of course - you may get volunteers who would be willing - just for the ride over.

Save you several hundreds of thousands. Of course you'll have to cross the SOSUS lines... Avoid P3 Orions and what not... But once you get her home - you can sell your cabin cruiser.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Well, let's see...

Step One

Buy the Project 651 Podvodnaya Lodka Raketnaya Krylataya for sale in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Step Two

Find and purchase a Project 633 Podvodnaya Lodka.

Step Three

Hold a ground-breaking, stunning, theatrical performance first..."Romeo and Juliet - Underwater"!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.[/quote]

William Shakepeare, Romeo and Juliet

[This message has been edited by RepublicThunderbolt (edited December 22, 1999).]

motorep
what's the warranty,
Warranty none you buy it as is where it is and if you cant get it out of the harbor in a day they repo it and you lose money. Hell as a superpower the couldn't keep these boats running.

what's the financing,
None unless you are a communist rebel/government or a terrorist group then the boats are free....

have there been any factory recalls
plenty but the Russians wont tell, the crew men who know what the flaws are, all died when their boat went down or from the accidents. (no workers comp claims neat huh)

[This message has been edited by Alan B (edited December 22, 1999).]

Back