Rule book

458winshooter

Is there a website or sites that give all the rules for the varies types of shooting,classes,ammo requirements,and so on for someone who has never even gone to a meet much less shot in one ? thanks.

That's a really general question. What kind of shooting are you interested in. Zero in on that and google on. I don't know of one single site that would cover every thing. If it's IDPA, try googling "IDPA rules". You could go to a match and watch and talk to people. Good luck.

Ipsc for pistols

What I have is a bone stock P89 special edition.It is now called a P89TH in the new Ruger product guide.Could it be used for standard or production division or both?Since I have never competed which class would be best to try?I have no delusions of grandure I just want to try it out.Any advice would be great!

A Ruger P89 will compete in USPSA Production and IDPA Stock Service Pistol.

You need a holster, magazines, magazine carriers, eye and ear protection, etc. For IDPA you need only 3 magazines but will wear a concealment garment (vest, jacket, big shirt) and must have the ability to draw from under it without getting tangled up and endangering yourself or others.
For USPSA (IPSC) you will open carry but will need more magazines because the stages are longer.

Which is "best" depends on what is being done in your area. If both, check them both out and shoot whichever you like or whereever the people are nicer.

exception

In USPSA competition I may carry concealed; I am not forced to wear my gun in any specific manner ('generalized' manner to conform with safety rules; yes).

In USPSA competition I am not forced to execute shooting scenarios as someone else specifies; I am (mostly) allowed to solve the shooting problem myself.

In USPSA competition I am not as restricted by rules as to gun and/or gear.

In USPSA competition I shoot more rds per match.

In USPSA competition I am allowed to use the Redhawks.

If intending to visit a USPSA match I suggest contacting the club contact and letting them know. That way you'll be welcomed when you get there, and you'll learn more.

Back