Ruger

striderteen

I'm considering a new Ruger KGPF-340 double-action revolver as my first handgun -- that's the GP100 series medium-frame .357 Magnum, stainless steel with 4" barrel.

Comments, anyone?

Its an excellent revolver. Recoil is mild even with most .357 magnum loads, and its built like a tank (very durable). The accuracy is very good. My only complaint is the heavy DA trigger pull, but at least it tends to be smooth. I am very fond of this model, I would give it an enthusiastic recommendation.

Is this for CCW or for the woods?

A four inch barrel may be necessary for conceal carry, but for out in the woods you can wear it openly on the belt and thus might as well have a six inch tube for that extra bit of performance.

If you intend to do any amount of target shooting with it, you might want to look at a KGP141 (stainless, 4 inch barrell, adjustable sights, same frame). It should not cost a whole lot more, but the adjustable sights would probably be worth the difference.

I havea GP in 6",I love it....accurate and strong...although I did get a trigger job done to lighten up the doubleaction a bit...but I'm told w/ lot of firing,live and dry,it wouldv'e lightened up a lot on it's own....Ruger makes great guns...for more info www.rugerforum.com :)

KGP-161

I have the Ruger KGP-161 and really like it.
I have Two Other Ruger Medium Frame revolvers in 38/357 but the GP-100 fits my hand he best. No matter what Model you pick, you have picked the right GUN the Ruger GP-100 series.

Tony

Back