Ruger Warranty

plateshooter

I bought a new P89T in September of 99. About the 10th round fired in it, it KBd, blowing out the case head and the extractor. I sent it back to Ruger. They replaced the barrel, extractor, and returned it to me in exactly 8 days.
About 3000 rounds later, I noticed that the slide had excessive front to back play in it when the hammer was cocked. There was some metal that was chipping away where the guide rod seats into the frame. Could have been caused by the earlier KB. I called Ruger, they said send it in. Today, I recieved a brand new replacement P89, no charge. I don't see how a company could stand behind their product any better than that.
Anyone else ever had a KB in a P series Ruger?

Man, that's odd. I've had a KP89DC for almost a year now, and I love it. I've never had one problem, it shoots with amazing accuracy, is durable as all heck, and it eats anything I feed it. I've never had any problems with any of my Rugers, but it doesn't surprise me that they have such great customer service. Sure, people can call (Bill?) Ruger evil until they're blue in the face, but I'm willing to overlook that when guns this great are available.

-Parke1

I've seen one Ruger KB! gun. If I'm not mistaken it was due to a bad handload which lodged a bullet into the barrel and the succeeding shot blew the barrel. While the metal held (no banana peel of the barrel), the extractor was blown out and the gun was jammed in the locked position (because of the bulged barrel). The gun cannot be disassembled and it was forever ruined. To the credit of its designers and engineers (metallurgists) though, apart from the extractor (which is held in by tension anyway), nothing came apart. The gun held up and no injuries were sustained.

Ruger desperately wants the gun back and replaced it in hopes of getting the KB! returned. No luck as my buddy (who is his Department's Rangemaster) is keeping it (they know him at Ruger and took him at his word).

Back