Ruger to raise prices

Hal

Had the day off today, so I decided to check out the local gun store(So what else is new?). I wanted to look at the Ruger Vaquero(sp) a little closer, and see if I could make up my mind as to which way to go, .45LC or .44Mag. They had a real nice bright stainless 5" w/white simulated ivory grips, priced at $409.00. The salesman informed me that pretty soon, next order in fact, the price was going up to $535.00 suggested list. This really bummed me out, since according to what you guys have said, I'm going to need either 2 Vaquero's in either .45LC or .44Mag, or one Blackhawk in .45LC, since I already have one .45LC BH. I'm sure part of the increase is due to the extra for shipping, and the other part is due to the pending suits. Whatever the reason, it does kinda suck.

That seems to be a pretty big jump. I got my wife's Colts some years ago before cowboy action shooting really took off. Third generation 7 1/2" Colts in .357 blue/CH. As the years have gone by I have just watched the price of these things climb and climb. That's why she shoots Colts and I shoot Vaquero Bisleys. Ruger has long been the affordable six shooter. I can go to a match and easily see 60-65% of the revolvers are Rugers. Unfortunately this price increase will make getting into cowboy action shooting just a little tougher for the new shooters.

Yeah, at first glance the jump seemed huge to me also. I checked Ruger's website and the Vaquero is listed for $498.00, so the jump isn't as bad as it first seemed. Still sucks though any time prices go up I guess.

Back