Ruger Super Redhawk

MSPHUNTER

Can anything compare with the Redhawk in a .44 mag, in the some price range. What in your mind is the best .44 mag pistol for hunting.

The best DA 44 Mag or 45 Colt is a 5.5" stainless Redhawk.

This is not talk, but 'money where my mouth is'.

If you want to hunt non-biting animals get the 7.5" tube.

I prefer the Ruger Super Redhawk because....

it has a slightly longer chamber which allows the use of some of the excellent 44 mag. ammo by Garrett, Buffalo Bore, etc. I've used the Garrett ammo for elk with my SRH in 44 mag. and the results it produces is awsome. Hence, my preference for the Ruger SRH. Good luck and good shooting.

Dairycreek, do you mean that this factory ammo is longer than the .44 Mag standard, or that the Redhawk has a shorter than standard chamber (or is it something else entirely that I'm missing)?

baj

Garrett does not seat the bullet quite as deep as others and fills the extra space with powder. Since the Super Redhawk has a longer chamber it can accomodate the hotter rounds. However, for a better explanation I would refer you to garrettcartridges.com. Good shooting.

SRH is the Caddy, Redhawk is the Ford pickup. Both will get you from point A to point B. SRH comes stock with better grips, and can handle hotloads better. Redhawk is just as accurate, weighs less and costs less. Your choice, I suppose.

A good pinned and resesed S&W 29 or a current production Dan Wesson. I like the older smith's cause they are super smooth on DA and great on accuracy. I pick the Dan Wesson
because of the versatility and a very short hammer throw.

Please measure the length of the Redhawk and SuperRedhawk cylinder and report back.......

DW 445 SuperMag. What does it not have?
1) Accuracy champ
2) Versitility champ(44sp/44mg/445SM)
3) Least recoil

180s@>2000 with 25yrd 6shot groups of <.33inch ctc
330s@1550-1600fp

-CAL

Back