Ruger Super Redhawk .454 sights.

I just recieved a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 for Christmas. I would like to put a different sights on it for hunting. The range would probably be under 75 yards. I was thinking about a Bushnell Holosight or a Burris 2X posilock scope. Any Opinions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Paul

holo is fast but

i dont think it very good for shooting groups were you need to place a shot just right where you wont it to go.i have a 2x leupold and i love it.with some scopes i think they will work with a leupold i know they will.an action job will help about as much as a scope ,i bet.the gun will drive tacks.

I bought a new SRH w/ 9.5" barrel last November and topped it with a Bushnell Elite 3000 handgun scope. These could be had for a bargain then because they were discontinued in favor of the 4000 series. The advantage is it is a variable scope up to 6X. You probably wouldn't use the high power optics very often, but they are nice to have when you need them.

I have not been able to zero in my Ruger 454 with the Bushnell Elite 3000 I put on it. I'm getting good groups but everything hits high and to the left no matter how much I adjust it. I have the same model scope on a couple of Contender barrels and never have had this kind of problem. I'm going to try the scope on one my Contenders and if gives me the same result back to the factory it goes. I'll probably end up putting a 2x Leupold EER on the .454 like I have on my .44 Mag SRH. (Should have done that in the first place :( )

Back