Ruger Speed-Six, Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOPKICK

Is $300 afair price for a speed-six in .357 stainless, with 2" bar. This is supposedly a "never fired, used gun"
Thanks

300.00 seems kinda high but its ok thow. i would pay around 200 to 250 is more like it.
I owun 2 spped sig and 3 security 3 i paid about 170 to 200 on each of them all being allmost new. about 100 rounds in each of them.
Hope this helps

Rugers of that time were the good cheap guns.
I'd put it more in the $150- $175 range. $200 max for a really nice one.

I've been wondering what the difference between a Speed Six and a Security Six was?
Thanks . . . .

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Just bought a blue Speed Six Saturday for $150. It is in mint condition with the box and manual.

A Speed Six has 2 3/4 inch barrel and round butt. (Compares a Model 65 three inch barrel, round butt while the Security Six would compare with a Model 66 four inch barrel, square butt.)

Just passed one up for 240 at the Helena MT gun show this weekend in "new" condition blued 2" bbl. To the security six question: The security six was adjustable sights with square butt. The service six was square butt fixed sights. and the speed six was round butt fixed sight. Speed sixes were also made in 9mm and 38 as well as .357.

$300 does sound high for a Speed Six. Of course, the value of anything is what people are willing to pay for it.

Anyway, IMHO the Speed Six is a good gun. I used to have a blue one. It was .38 Special, but the owner's manual pointed out that it could take +P and even +P+, which impressed me very favorably at the time. Unfortunately, I traded this gun away--one of a number of trades over the years that I wish I hadn't made.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited November 23, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back