Ruger sight blade

KEYBEAR

Need Super Blackhawk front sight Blade . I need a taller blade Ruger is saying they do not have anything but the stock it came with ?

Wear to find one

Don't know of anyone making a taller one. I had this problem many years ago and just had a fellow put me a little tig weld on top of mine and I dressed it down to look good and meet the height I needed. Not a big project that way...

What height is it? I had that issue with a Bisley Blackhawk 45 Colt and they sent me a taller sight blade no issue.

The Ruger a Super Blackhawk three Screw . I had the barrel cut to 4-5/8 and coated the thing Gloss black . The Original sight was reinstalled but shoots high (like 4 inches at 25 yards . I am going to do an older new model Super Blackhawk Stainless the same as this one and the front sight is a removable Blade so I need a taller blade .

I use the Super Blackhawk Three Screw about every day on a backyard plate rack . I run 400 to 500 rounds a week and need two just in case one needs work .
The guns will be shot a bunch the reason for the Black Coating and the Stainless .

Dixie Gunsmithing

Today I had a friend Weld some on the top of the sight .
I spent most of the afternoon working it down it looks good .
I also put a thin coat of body filler to be sanded tomorrow then painted black .
Ended up adding 3/16 I may file it down some but need to shoot it first .

Back