Ruger Shotguns

JoeSF

Is Ruger still making Shotguns? A visit to their web site only has information for rifles and handguns. A product search fails to bring up any information on shotguns which makes me wonder.

OK that explains it. I was looking for information on their 12 Ga. Red Label which was described as a new product in 2013. It must not have been a hit.

Thank you.

It was reintroduced in 2013 after failing the first time; they didn't even bother trying to reintroduce the SxS Gold Label

Rugers shotguns had all kinds of problems.....

If you want an O/U ....you will quickly find that Browning and Beretta will give you the most gun for your money - in all price ranges ---- and for proof all you have to do is look at the selling prices on used Browning & Beretta O/U's --- some with thousands of shells thru them -- and see how tight most of them still are --- compared to many other used shotguns...

What happened this go-round was that Ruger quickly found the Red Label too costly to make at their do-or-die price point. So they simply didn't make it.

Price is not / was not the issue, in my view ---- when they put out a product that was junk...

/ doing it right - with a decent quality ---- might have been a good idea....

Ruger is Ruger. They locked in a cost/price point - I do not know why. They found they could not make reliable guns at that cost/price point. I would have thought they could adjust the point upward to the point where they could have made a good gun and still have sold a boatload. BUT, my last name is not Ruger.

Back