Ruger security six

gitarmac

I got a Ruger SS with a blue finish. It has a 6.5 inch barrell. I paid 250 for it, now I'm thinking I paid too much. I shot it yesterday and it performed flawlessly, the accuracy is so much better than my little semi's! I really love the gun and the fact that I used a gun I had but didn't like as much makes me feel a little better about the buy. When someone says its "90%" condition what do they mean? I mean, how can you tell? This was part of an estate sale and the guy participated in shooting matches so I am sure the gun got a lot of use. I can't see any obvious damage and it seems to function well. The parts on the cylinder are sharp and unworn. The primers have nice centered strikes. The finish right above the cylinder is a little rough but the rest looks ok to me.

Price vrs. pleasure

You paid the right price if you enjoy shooting the gun and it performs reliably for you. You will always find a better price if you search and search. I've paid a premium price for a gun just because I wanted it. Therefore it was priced right. I have yet to purchase a gun that did not increase in value over time. Take good care of it and it will take good care of you. Don't "should" on yourself.

That is a good price I would easly pay that for another S6 even thou I bought my first 4 inch in blue for 240 with a holster and a box of ammo.It was also about 1982 then.

Ruger Sec-Six don't wear out...

...they only get better with age. I have seen club guns that had been through severe abuse and they are still ticking.
Don't worry too much about the price. The last gun I bought I think I paid two houndred over, but it's worth it.

Back