Ruger Security Six

About a month ago I got a Ruger Security Six. Been carrying it since then. Only problem I had was the target grips that came on it. They made it bulky and harder to carry. So I ordered some factory grips and a Tyler T Grip to put on it. After waiting about 2 weeks I finally got everything in. Gotta say the grips feel a lot better and it just melts into my clothing. Very happy.
8eb1bdee46db419abc6679a27d0f7de0.jpg
ee6ab4a9104ac0afa0e432ecea04d465.jpg
c40e90730bb65fb845d9c2892a56c939.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I did the same thing with mine a few years back. Tried a couple of different pairs of larger grips, but settled on the Tyler T grip to keep it as compact as possible but a little more functional.

I like 'em short.

attachment.php

Some with fixed sights.

attachment.php

Some adjustable.

And I don't like rubber on a revolver. To me revolvers are 'wood & steel' guns.

Deaf

I scoured our local gun shops for months hoping to find either a Security Six or a Speed Six 2 1/2 incher. Came up with nothing. Ended up buying a 686 Plus 2 1/2 inch. Nice gun, but always loved the Rugers.

Guess I should have bumped my ad in the classifieds here for the Ruger grips like that I have for sale. Basically brand new as I replaced them with a pair of Pachmayrs decades ago and the gun is long gone.......:(

The Security Six 4" stainless I had was an excellent revolver, and the short barrel version like the OP would be great.
But, if you can't find one, the 3" GP100 is a terrific substitute. I like mine more than my old SecSix.

185786b7227e1edb228d3c4fe58b2872.jpg
I like my security six it is in its 3rd life with me. First carried by. ruarl police officer in California. Next given to an army helicopter pilot carried for two tours in Vietnam. He traded it to me for a gp100 that was too big for my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger's Six series was a great idea in theory, but they just wouldn't hold up to heavy magnum shooting. The GP100s were built to specifically handle an infinite amount of full-house magnum shooting.

Ruger's Six series was a great idea in theory, but they just wouldn't hold up to heavy magnum shooting. The GP100s were built to specifically handle an infinite amount of full-house magnum shooting.

No gun can take a 'infinite' amount of full-house magnums.

The Six's can take quite a bit of magnums, not as much as a N frame but quite a bit. The GP-100, according to Mr. Ruger himself, was designed to be easier to make and cheaper. The Six series, he said, never made him a dime due to it's cost.

BTW, I have both GP100 and Security Six.

attachment.php

Notice the GP-100 is just a bit bigger than the Speed Six. Bit thicker cylinder and frame.

Deaf

Back