Ruger Security Six 2.75" bl

Jeff #111

Won at auction last year. It came with the factory duty grips. I purchased the target grips from AR-7. The target grips are Sile reproductions, but they are very well made. They just fill the hand better.

Attachments

• IMG_5771.JPG
    IMG_5771.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 274
  • SecSix.jpg
    SecSix.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 207
Agree

They just fill the hand better.
I had a similar situation, only in reverse order. Mine came with a set of target grips and I still wanted the original factory grips. I contacted the seller and he looked through his "stuff" and found a set of factory grips, and shipped them to me. All it cost, was the mailing. ...... :)

I now have the best of both worlds and the target grips are still on the Ruger as "YES", they do fit better. The original grips are more of a combat grip and some folks prefer a target grip....... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Ruger "Six's"

Yeah, I had a 4" model, very early. So much so that the later after market grips that became available would not fit. The early frames were different. I traded mine too, and regret it still.

I have posted before that the US Border Patrol/FLETC did a side by side shoot out with Ruger, Smith, maybe Colt too. The Rugers were by far the most durable. Slightly before my two brief stints at the academy, but it was common talk over coffee at the time.

Then the world went to auto pistols.

The second handgun I bought was a Speed-Six, with the 2 3/4" barrel. The Speed differed from the Security-Six in having fixed sights instead of adjustable. A good solid revolver. I added a Tylers T-grip to the original skinny Ruger grips was a quite happy with it.

Alas, I traded it off for something else somewhere along the years. Good solid gun though.

2.75" Police Service Six. Great snubby.

Handles and shoots even better with the correct Tyler T-grip, ... if you can find one.

I have a 6” low back security six that I briefly toyed with selling last year. No one wanted to give me what I wanted for it locally so I kept it. Heck I wasn’t asking that much and it is in great shape. In the end I’m glad it didn’t sell. It’ll be C&R eligible in a few years and I kinda like having a low serial number example of the first DA Ruger revolver.

I love the six series.
Ruger_Club.jpg

Nice pickup OP. I'm the happy owner of two SS Security Sixes (2.75" and 6"). I have been on the lookout for a 4" to round our the collection, but prices have gotten to high for my pocket book.

Back