Ruger Security 6 - Would you buy?

alistair

I have the opportunity to buy this Security 6 for $250.
It appears that this someone used the gun as a drill press and marked it with the 2 small indents you can see. Would you buy this gun?

Attachments

• Ruger.jpg
    Ruger.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 194
For $250, those dimple/drill bit marks are factored into the price. I've read of recent Security 6 deals in the $400 - $500 range.

If you buy it, just don't expect to make a large resale profit, and it lf it turns out to be a good shooter, well, you made a decent deal.

Here's a pic of my Security 6. It's not for sale, though:

At that price, with only those marks and everything else solid, it is a very good buy. Yes, I would buy it.

Price aside, all you will ever see when you look at it is the two drill marks.

To me, that would be a different KIND of cost.

I'd pass.

I'd pass. Not because it would cause a problem, just because I couldn't stand looking at Bubba's handiwork. You can pick these up for three hundred if you look around for a while. Everyone wants what's new and these aren't.

Not a gunsmith but it looks functional with only cosmetic consequences. I paid $279 in 1984 for a new one and it is a rock solid gun. I would buy it.

If function is good otherwise yes I would buy it.

Always happy for another stainless beater and we see folks here all the time saying what is a good cheap gun for those who don't have a ton of money. When you find one of these folks who you feel for you can resell it to them and know you have done a good deed and saved someone from buying a jimerez or whatever other POS new guns are in this price range. I actually keep a gun or two like this in the safe for such occasions.

If you wanted to one could tig weld up the blemishes and re-finish or JB weld them up and ceracoat or whatever.

It sure makes me WONDER what the hell the guy was thinking of INSTALLING.

Especially THERE! :confused::confused:

Hmmm.... just thought of another negative.
AFTER you buy it, people may think YOU did that. :D

Laban, you are far more concerned with looks than I am! I would not give the marks a second thought, and couldn't care less what anyone else thinks if it shoots well.:p

Back