Ruger Security-45 likely?

TruthTellers

It's a question like this when I wish DPris was still with us cuz he'd likely have an answer for me, but I see Ruger came out with a subcompact Security 9 and it seems they're making the Security 9's the successor to the SR9 with such offerings, so it got me to wondering if they're going to be doing a Security 45 line in the future.

Any of you gentleman interested in a $300 polymer Ruger .45?

I would be under one condition: make the mags hold more than 10 rds. Enough Ruger, if Glock and Walther can make their .45's hold 12 and 13 rds respectively, you can too.

The 1911 is the only pistol the .45 feels "right" in----I've owned P90's--a USP .45--an M&P .45--a RAP .45 and a Shield .45 and probably something else I'm forgetting. None of them felt right shooting them and all were spun off in short order after shooting them. Not sure how to describe it, but something always felt wrong although they functioned ok except for the USP---the P90 was the least offending that's why I had 2.

The only .45 I still have is my Colt 1911 (love it)---one of my favorite guns.

So no--there's no interest here for Ruger's cheapo pistol if it was in .45.

Oh ya--forgot the PX4 .45

Very much doubt you'll ever see a BNIB $300 anything any more. However, the issue with a light weight .45 would be felt recoil and muzzle jump.

Well, I am real new here, but thought I might wade into the conversation. I personally am quite partial to 1911’s when it comes to .45 ACP, but Springfield’s XDM is a fine pistol, even if it is striker fired, and the FNX-45 is a pretty good pistol in my eyes too. As far as a Security 45 if Ruger made one, unlikely I would be interested.

Very much doubt you'll ever see a BNIB $300 anything any more. However, the issue with a light weight .45 would be felt recoil and muzzle jump.
BNIB under $300 is pretty standard for budget 9mm's and even Kahr has .45's that regularly are around the $300 range, give or take a few bucks, but they're all single stacks.

I've shot Glock .40's and .45's back to back and the recoil felt the same in both, which is to say more than 9mm but not offensively so.

It's a question like this when I wish DPris was still with us cuz he'd likely have an answer for me, but I see Ruger came out with a subcompact Security 9 and it seems they're making the Security 9's the successor to the SR9 with such offerings, so it got me to wondering if they're going to be doing a Security 45 line in the future.

Any of you gentleman interested in a $300 polymer Ruger .45?

I would be under one condition: make the mags hold more than 10 rds. Enough Ruger, if Glock and Walther can make their .45's hold 12 and 13 rds respectively, you can too.
Mr. Dpis from what I remember was a big Fan of the Ruger American and touted it heavily. And which Ruger sells in 45.cal. There is NO WAY I would even think of getting a Secuirity 9 in that caliber. They are budget guns to begin with.
If I wanted a Ruger in 45 semi, I would choose the American or go with the Discontinued SR9 both of which are light years ahead in build quality.

The Security 9 is a budget pistol, but .45ACP is not a budget cartridge.

I don't see it happening.

It would totally miss the market Ruger is aiming for.

Back