Ruger revolvers

Ben Shepherd

I've been working on a collection of stainless ruger revolvers for years now.

I just purchased a stainless 41 mag redhawk. It joins its 357 brother, and the collection is complete. These two were fairly hard to find, and I get offers to sell constantly.

I shoot all of my guns, roll 95% of my own ammo, and enjoy pushing things(with a healthy dose of caution) with my magnum sixguns.
I'm just wondering if the unmentionable happens, how rare are these guns?

Please leave out warnings on unsafe practices, as I am well aware of the inherent risks in reloading, and (knock on wood) haven't had an accident in 15+ years of loading.

Out of curiousity, does anyone have, or know where I can find out exactly how many of these were produced?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Not many Rugers are really hard to get except the Hawkeye and it was not made in stainless. A few of the guns with 10" barrels get pricey, but you should be able to get about anything Ruger ever marketed in the pistol line for under a grand if you don't insist on NIB. Most will come in under half that. Your Redhawks run around $500-525 in 100%.

Sorry, but I don't have a breakdown on numbers by caliber; Ruger should know.

FWIW, I doubt anyone here is going to lecture you about reloading as most of us stuff our own.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

It looks like the price was right. It's so close to 100% that the cylinder doesn't even have a full drag line yet.

From what I've read, the hardest one to find that I have is a 10.5" 44 mag blackhawk.

You are right, Ben, and those 10" barrels are the most expensive of the "common" Rugers. They usually sell for $1200 or a bit more in top condition.

Jim

I am careful with it.
But it is still a shooter.
I don't own any safe queens.

When I shoot the standard Kieth load at the range, you ought to see some of the looks I get.:D

Poeple come over "Da**, where did you get that monster?" or "Who the he** needs something like that?"

Back