Ruger Redhawk 44 mag

I shoot some strong loads through mine, feels like shooting a .357. All that weight handles the .44 cartridge very well, or you could load down your shells and they would feel like a .38 Special. Mine has the cutouts on the barrel for the scope mounts supplied by Ruger.

Years ago in 2007 I bought a new Redhawk .44 mag and I had issues with the 20lb DA and 9lb (on a lyman gauge) SA trigger pull. Spring changes and polishing of the internals resulted in an unreliable gun with a better trigger.

A return trip to Ruger had no effect on what was an un-shootable inaccurate gun. They told me it needed the original springs to be reliable ( they were right) and the 20lb 9lb trigger pulls were "In Spec".

I sold it and never looked back. Fast forward to 2017 and I come across a 1988 manufacture Ruger .44 mag Redhawk LNIB with a nice custom grip for $425 at a local gun shop.

So I tried the DA and SA trigger and they were great. I bought the gun and it shoots and does not have the issues as the 2007 gun. Congrats on your find, now find some good grips that fit your hand and go shoot it.

Yes it is a very big gun, but it will handle any load you care to put through it.

Remember it also comes in 454 that operates at 60K, so loads can be very

light to those that will blow stumps out of the ground.

Master Blaster please note that the Redhawk and the Super Redhawk

have different lockwork .

Master Blaster please note that the Redhawk and the Super Redhawk

have different lockwork .
REALLY Please look at the picture the OP posted and read my post. IT'S a Redhawk. So what does the super Redhawk have to do with this post???

Back