Ruger Red Lable parts

sheepman

A friend has a Red Lable that broke the ejector hammer. Ruger informed him that they no longer service their shot guns. The parts list said that it is a fitted part so they do not sell it. Can some one help me find parts for this Red Lable? I have had good luck with Ruger and am supersized that they have dropped support for their shotgun lines. I have suggested that he look at Jack First and Numrich arms. Any help would be appreciated thank Bill :)

am supersized that they have dropped support for their shotgun lines

Why? They do not make shotguns and haven't now for a few years.

I have a S&W Elite Gold that came with an heirloom warranty - (good for my lifetime and that of my designated heir)
They stopped importing them (now the Cabela's Dickinson) and they provide zero support.
You cannot expect a company to carry inventory of parts for guns they no longer make - that gets too expensive.

Sorry I have no names to offer; I would second Numrich or ask Ruger if someone bought all of the parts.

Good luck

No such thing as a part called an 'ejector hammer' in a Red Label.
Manual is here and Gun Parts has ejectors and their sears. Not exactly cheap things though. $14.65 each for the ejector. $11.30 each for the sear. And you need to know left or right.
The manual does indicate factory installation, but any competent shotgun smithy can do it.
http://stevespages.com/pdf/ruger_redlabel_ou.pdf
"...am supersized..." You're what? snicker. No Red Labels since at least 2011.

Thanks for the information and help. He is ordering the parts from gun parts. I have not kept up on Ruger's shotguns and did not realized they had dropped the shotguns. :D

The Ruger shotguns and single shot rifles were mostly due to the feelings of Bill Ruger, who wanted to concentrate on sporting arms, even when they made little or no money. His successors have turned more toward the type of gun the present market demands and the old sporting/hunting lines have been dropped or reduced.

Jim

Back