Ruger Red Label 20g, woth the money?

SARuger

I found one local for sale. I'm trying to negotiate the price but I think I can get it under 1K. Is it worth it? I'm a Ruger guy but I do not know anything about their shotguns.

This thread will most likely turn into a Red Label bash-fest.:rolleyes:

I owned an old model 12 gauge for years and it saw a fair amount of range use. Never had any issues with it.

Are you looking at an old model or a new model?

I had one for a while. Functioned well each time I took it out to shoot. However, it's not worth the price you're quoting here. I have owned a number of other shotguns I liked a lot better for handling and asthetics.

They are discontinued and will not be supported with parts in the long run. I owned one once from the first go around in 28 gauge. It went back three times and they never could get it right (which is why they discontinued them the first time). They tried it again a year or so ago and it still didn't work right, especially at their desired price point.

Depends on your version of "cheap" I guess. Good quality, entry level guns like Browning and Beretta will be well over $1K with target versions running closer to $2.5 - $3K. Those are guns that should last a lifetime with minimal needs for repairs.

Back