Ruger P97DC not functioning (New Gun) HELP

9mmLaw

After extensive research I decided to buy a P97DC. Today I shot it for the first time and had nothing but problems. I need your help.

Ammo: Winchester 230gr White Box.

Magazine: Ruger 8 rounders.

Problem: I put in the magazine, rack the slide, decock the gun, first pull DA gun fires, next shot SA hammer falls but no firing, DA pull gun fires. Repeat SA nothing DA fire. Bottom line the gun does not want to fire in SA. I even chambered a single round by hand, closed the slide and fired, nothing happened. Pulled the trigger from DA and gun fired.

What is going on? Help please. I want to like this gun but it simple will not operate correctly.

I shot one hundred rounds and this problem was present from start to finish.

Thanks for your help. If I can fix the problem myself I would prefer to do so.

That's a new one to me, too. Seems like hammer isn't popping hard enough on SA or the firing pin is hanging up somehow, SA only. Ruger will fix or replace free of charge--but they really prefer NOT to take it back from the dealer, only the owner. Call them in advance--they may be able to suggest something over the phone. I'm surprised; they make extremely reliable weapons.

Send it back to Ruger Co,. via FFL dealer. There will always be a few lemons in each brand of firearms. Don't sweat-it, they'll send it back and it will work excellent.

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to Ruger today and they believe it is a problem with the firing pin. They told me to send it back via the dealer and they will take a look. They agreed to reimburse the shipping costs. Ruger seemed like they would make things right I am just disappointed I do not get to play with my new toy.

Take care.

Let me give you some experienced advice. Ruger will go out of their way to make you happy. I traded my P97 for Glock 30 and I can tell you this, Glock would never pay for shipping both ways.
I had to send my P97 in one time for some trigger roughness. They spent an hour on the phone with me trying to help me not have to send it in. We finally decided it needed to go back so I told them that this was my only carry gun. I also asked that instead of them paying for my shipping could they send me an extra magazine. They said sure.
Here's the good part.
I got my gun back in 5 days completely fixed.
They sent me an extra magazine.
They also sent me the check for my shipping anyway.

I sent them back a letter thanking them for their great service.
It didn't stop me from getting my Glock but I sure do miss that service.

Extensive research!?

You did extensive research and ended up with a Ruger Decocker! LOL. Not meant to be a flame. I'm laughing with you not at you. LOL! Decockers are a waste of technology. -ddt

Back