Ruger P97 trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heywood

Inactive
My observation is that the trigger pull on the P97 is a little rough right out of the box. Has anyone taken their P97 to a gunsmith (or sent it to Ruger) for a trigger mod?

I am looking at this gun as well and would like to know what suggestions any smiths on the board would have for improving this gun.

I have been to Rugers factory smith course and have the answer to your problem. Shoot 300 rounds of ammo or dryfire a couple gazillion times and you won't believe how smooth it will be.

FWIW my P-97s trigger was pretty smooth right out of the box and has gotten even better after firing a few hundred rounds. Give it some time before you spend the cash with a smith. Marcus

Mine has a slight problem that I'm not sure how to fix. In the single action mode there is a slight catch in the trigger pull just before the hammer drops. Ruger suggested to dissemble the trigger area and clean thoroughly but I'm not sure how to take it that far apart. Anybody else experience this? I have fired over 1000 rounds through it so far and this just started recently. I field strip, clean and lube every month after I shoot.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

Leedesert - my new P97 had precisely the same problem. It seemed to develop after
about 300 rounds. I put a bit of moly on a toothpick and dabbed it into the notch on the sear at the base of the cocked hammer (no need to take the gun apart), then folded up a small post-it note, put it over the firing pin, and dry snapped the gun a couple thousand times over a few days. The moly worked in real well and the problem disappeared. The trigger, while not perfect has smoothed out a lot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back