Ruger P97 Price???

Point Blank

Didnt post this under the "for sale" area as i am just trying to find its value before selling.Guess i am a 9mm man at heart!! This is a 5 month old P97 with 1200 rounds thru it,stainless steel,meprolight night sights,Houge handalls on it,4-8 round mags,mag loader tool,box,manual.Just got it back from Ruger as i had to send it in because it was jamming maybe 1 time every 150 shots.Well,they looked her over and said they fired 300 thru it without a problem....that i was "limp-wristing"it.Ok,so i am a a wimp!!!!(hehe)I have 2 P95's that perform well for me.Back to the .45......what kinda money should i be looking for IF..IF..i decide to sell it,or trade value???? Thanks very much for any replies!!

$299 for a stainless P97 .45?????Where you live,Eithiopia???Think you mean the P95(9mm).Can any KNOWLEDGABLE person price what i have please?? Again,it has meprolights on it,Houge handalls,4-8 round mags....Thanks

I think everyone has been pretty helpful in getting you into the ballpark on price. This isn't the Blue Book of Gun Values, Sport.

Pilot

i think the last p97 i saw in a store was $340 and he was willing to knock it down to $325 before we even started talking...of course that was mid-2000. that is where i would start looking if i were shopping for one. i just called him and he said he had a NIB stainless p95 for $270

Got the ad right in front of me, KP97 is selling for $299, the P95 is selling for $279. So, no I am not smoking crack, yes I do have my glasses on, and yes it is the verified price.

$300-325 for a new one sounds about right.

If you can get someone to give you $250 for yours, I'd jump on it.

But what do I know? I only worked at a gun shop for a year or so.

Thats a very good price on the P97 and P95!!Thanks very much for the info....Looks like me and Miss 97 are going to be stuck together for better or worse!!!!

Prices, like recoil is a subjective thing. Here in PA we probably have some of the best prices, could be due to volume of sales. My brother is stationed in VA and the prices down there are thru the roof. On the purchase of his Remington shotgun he saved well over $100 by ordering thru the dealer we use here in PA and that savings included the shipping fee and the dealer fee to handle the transaction.

And i thought prices down here in Ga. were good!! Guess i was just hoping to hear more,but thats ok..They go for $329 here....Was hoping to hear $250 would be a good price on a used one.Then add maybe $50 for the Meps that are on it,maybe $20 more as it has two extra mags bringing the value closer to $300-$320....Thanks all that responded,even you Cap(Pilot).

Stainless P-97 - $340 (new)

Quantum,

You are correct, although it is a P-97, but in stainless for $340, not blue. Thanks.

Pilot

I have made over $200K in a year and I have been flat broke eating Ramen noodles so before you think I am coming off as arrogant, I'm not. In fact I just got burned on an Internet Nightmare which has convinced me that e-comm is great for airline tickets, reservations and gun accessories but horrible for Industrial goods-----be they Heavy or light or any other product where people want to touch it, feel it and smell it before buying it.

That having been said, in the scheme of things, $1,000.00 is not that much money. These days, $100,000.00 is not that much money. So, don't do like I've done in the past. If you can get the P97 to function keep it and save your money until you can wait a little longer. Unless Bush does something really stupid, you have another couple of years to go until you should worry about being able to get a handgun.

If you scheme, save and strive for it, you will enjoy it much longer and more intensely. I have learned that if you constantly trade, you will never be satisfied and you will always look back saying: "Why did I do that?" Buy as many as your heart desires but don't trade em' if they work. If they don't work, that's another animal. P97 is a great workhouse to have in the arsenal----I like mine.

Thanks for the excellent advice!!Does look like they "shined" a couple places up on it.Went to range yesterday and fired 150 thru it with no mishaps!!I do really like this gun more than any others i have,i also have its sister(P95)in stainless.Although they may be ol'Rugers....they sure look pretty together.

Paid $320 for mine new. I would think maybe $250 for yours. Of course I'm not interested in selling - it's the most accurate 45 I own and that includes a Para P14 and a Glock 30.

Back