Ruger P97 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

leedesert

After about 1,000 rds a slight problem has arose. When I pull the trigger in single action, just before the hammer releases, there is a slight click in the rearward movement of the trigger. It almost feels like the point where the hammer releases only it's slightly before that point. I field strip and clean my gun but have not broken it down fully yet. I called Ruger and they suggested taking apart the trigger and hammer springs and thoroughly cleaning but I haven't done that yet. Has anyone experienced this with the P97 or any other gun.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

I've got a P-95 and haven't had that problem... yet. If you bought the gun from a reputable gun store, I'd take it there and let them take it apart and figure out the problem. I personally don't like messing with those inner workings. But that's just me. The smith at the store should fix it for free. Does the gun shoot each time you pull the trigger?

Good luck and keep us updated,
Ben

------------------
Besides, I didn't become a "Senior Member" by just sitting around!
:)
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

There is a firing pin block that is pressed up into the slide just before the trigger breaks. You might try removing the slide and checking to be sure that it moves freely. There is a tape availiable from Gunvideo.com that has the complete (as in every part)take down and reassembly of the P series pistols. It might help if you are interested in doing it yourself.
Good shootin

Ruger gave me some tips on what to do. They said if that doesn't do it to send it to them. I will bring it to my gun shop first. It feels like something may be dirty that I can't see and is causeing the trigger to catch or bind at the end of the pull. She still shoots, just a little annoying.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back