Ruger p95

Glockgreat23

I have a ruger p95 with 6 magazines. Loading and seating the magazines I'd no problem. However, as soon as I shoot a round the magazine drops about 1/4 to 1/2 inch and will not chamber the next round. The gun is very clean, the magazines are clean, and they function perfectly until I shoot it. Thinking it could be the ambi magazine release under fire, I shot it both right and left handed, neither works. Any ideas?

Some of the P95 pistols had magazine release springs that were too weak. Contact Ruger and they should take care of you.

Mag catch has a weak grip on the magazine. The holes for the magazine may need to be enlargened (depending on where it is not gripping).

If you have a magazine that doesn't drop, then compare the location of the hole on it against those that are dropping.

Thanks for suggestions

I have he gun packed up and will be on the way to ruger tomorrow. They believe it's the spring as well.

My brother also has one that's had feeding problems. I find this odd given how reliable the old P85/89 series guns were.

Not ALL Ruger 9mm mags will "lock in" properly in ALL P95 pistols. I have a variety of P89/95 pistols and numerous magazines but not all are fully interchangeable. In fact I have a whole box of mags that only work 100% in my PC9 carbine and one early production P89. Mec-Gars seem to work well enough in all my Rugers.

Back