Ruger P95 - Information?

WoolSocks

I am thinking about getting a Ruger P95 9mm. Has anyone had any experience with these - good or bad? Any infromation will be greatly appreciated.

They are terrific! I've had mine (KP95DC) for a little over 2 years now. Have never had a problem (except having the urge to take it to the range repeatedly). It's as accurate as I need (shoot steel plates at 25 yards (75 feet) and various targets. Never had a malfunction. It points well, has a good trigger action. I recomend it highly. Prices are reasonable also.

I love my KP95DAO. I haven't had it very long but I haven't had any problems, it's as accurate as I am, it's US-made, affordable, very reliable and contrary to some folks, I really like the looks. The money you save by not buying a fancy European gun you can spend on more ammunition.

One More Question

What is the going price for the P95? I have seen $300 for the blue and $340 for the SS. Is this about right? I have several other places to look, but what sort of price should I be looking for?

In my area the SS model is selling for $279, blued is $249. Excellent value. Damn things are built like a tank and can handle the hottest of loads.

If you are happy with the cosmetics, its hard to find a btter value. I've sold a bunch and have no complaints.

You can get into them for around 3 bills with no problem.

Do not own one, but have shot several. Probably the best value on the market today. They will digest just about any ammo you can find. An added benefit, factory 15 round mags are readily available and not as expensive as those for most other pistols. Going prices I've seen for new are $275 to $300 for blue. Stainless about $50 higher.
Take Care

Two questions :

1. How much are Factory (or really good aftermarket) 15 round mags for these?

2. Will they eat +P, and +P+ ammo?

I love my P-95! Nice and light, points easy and shoots anything. Paid $310.00 new in blue. Factory Ruger 15 rd. mags are available from www.clipsnstuff.com @ 59.95ea. and going quick. A couple of months back they were 49.95ea.

The P95 is a great gun with a fantastic price. I own the P97 and it's been flawless, you won't regret it.

Ammo

With this being my first 9mm (first semi auto for that matter), what type of ammo do you suggest? Any suggestions on what to use and what to stay away from?

I love my P95. Fits my hand, never malfs, hits the target and holds 15 rounds. What else can you ask?

As for ammo, there is a bunch of good stuff out there. I read everything I could find, then chose Speer Gold Dot 124 grains for carry. Both the Fackler and Marshall/Sanow camps rate it well (for different reasons).

I got it...

I got a P95DC today in stainless steel. I will go to the range tomorrow. I can hardly wait. Thanks for all the information.

trigger pull

can anybody elaborate more on the trigger pull and feel of the P95 DA? How many lbs, etc?

thanks!

Back