Ruger P95 and P97's

S.F.S

Hello All Im new to this forum, and I have a question for you guys that own both the Ruger alloy frame and the polymer frame models.
With the Ruger P95 and the P97 being so light do they have more muzzle flip and kick than the alloy frame models?
The reason being is Im gonna be buying these two models shortly.
Thanks for your help..

i like my p97
feels the best in hand over all other pistols tried
dont have any problem with muzzle flip
tried the p95 for feel, and i liked it too, but that ambi mag release really seems cheezy,,, can't people just use their index figner?
you might want to give cz a look too, they are about the same price, and you can get a cz75 with a highcap or two for under $400
havent tried the alloy frame rugers, they just too too ugly
but to each his own
later
TOG

S.F.S.

The P95 and P97 are not as light as you think, though they are lighter than the alloy-framed models. I own a P95 and am quite pleased with it. So much so, in fact, that I do not have the overwhelming urge to rush out and buy some other pistol as when I owned other makes and models.

I think that the Ruger P95 is an excellent pistol that gives good service. Rugged, accurate, dependable; what more could one ask?

I've had a P95 for several years and it's a smooth action and accurate gun. Not much muzzle flip. I have Ashley Outdoors Big Dot Tritium Sights on it and the front sight is quick to acquisition the target shot after shot.

I took a 4 day Tactical Pistol course with the P95. Most of the other participants were using the Glock 19, which I admired as it was a bit smaller and concealable than my Ruger. At the end we took a 50 shot Law Enforcement test. Interestingly, all my shots were pretty well centered on the target, much better than those using the Glocks. Don't get me wrong - love Glocks too now and especially like the G30 and G21. But the Ruger P95 is sweet. Check out the Ashley sights at

http://www.aosights.com/

Back