Ruger P94 40S&W

bookman

Well I went and did it,bought a Ruger P94 in 40S&W.Been looking at this or a Sigma and Ruger won out and if all goes well this will be my take any were gun..

You can but you will have to go to an aftermarket barrel made just for that (barrel OD). You cannot go with just a Ruger 9mm barrel. Federal is the only company that I know of that makes aftermarket Ruger barrels. Search for Federal Arms on the web and give them a call. You will also have to use 9mm mags as I have tried in the past to use the Ruger 40cal mag in a 9mm and had reliability problems. The concept of which you speak is presently being done with Glocks.

Ruger: the Eveready Bunny of handguns. I have a P97 and love it. Keep that SS slide oiled every 4 weeks. They will rust but even then a bore brush and Hoppe's 9 will get it. Great gun, reliable with all ammo and as tough as ANY out there.

The P94 in .40 is a very, very reliable and durable pistol. It never misfired a single time in the thousand plus rounds I shot through it--no failures to feed, no stove pipes, no jams, no nothin'. All kinds of weather, all kinds of ammo--it just keeps plugging away.

It's also not the most handsome of firearms which was why I ultimately traded it in on a Beretta Cougar. I now wish I hadn't--not because the Cougar's given me problems, but because the Ruger was the only .40 in my lineup. Now I've got to replace it (gotta have a gun in every caliber--that's my new goal...) and I think to get a weapon as reliable and as stable of a platform for the caliber, I'll have to spend a lot more money...

The P94 was my first automatic and my most reliable. It set the standard for what to expect from subsequent later purchases--and few have matched it's performance with all types of ammo.

Back