Ruger P85 Dissassembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo

A friend of mine has a Ruger P-85 9mm. I was going to clean it for him but couldn't figure out how to completely take it apart. The only thing I managed to do was getting the slide stop lever pushed out (but not all the way), what do I do after that? Is there any good websites that illistrate a step by step dissassembly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. put the slide stop back in.

2. Take the mag out

3. lock the slide back

4. there's a little piece of metal when you look from the top of the gun into the grip.

5. press the piece of metal down (it unlocks the slide)

6. release the slide but hang onto it so it doesn't slam shut. Line up the lines on the left side of the slide and frame.

7. with your 3rd hand, press the slide stop out from the opposite (right) side OR pull it out from the left side.

8. the slide should move all the way forward and off the frame... hold on to it careful.

9. the little little piece of metal will go back into the UP POSITION when you reassemble it and insert the magazine as your last step. The mag will push it up and back into place.

Tada,
Ben

------------------
Besides, I didn't become a "Senior Member" by just sitting around!
:)
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited October 24, 1999).]

The slide stop will not remove from the frame it is ment to stay on the frame. it will push out to release the slide. This is one thing i like about the Ruger is you can never loose the slide stop.

Well, it comes out on my P-95... I just made the leap that they all field stripped the same way... bad assumption. I think the other stuff was right though.

Ben

------------------
Besides, I didn't become a "Senior Member" by just sitting around!
:)
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back