Ruger or smith ?

BlackDiamond

Inactive
I was Wanting a Colt anaconda but i cant find one around here under 800.00 so i have started looking at other brands.I was looking at the S&W 629 with a 6in barrel or a ruger redhawk ss with a 5 1/2 in barrel i wont be shure about want i want until the gunshow later this month but i would like to get any advice to aid in my purchase btw i have around 600.00 total to spend
Thanks

Big Question

What are you going to use the Gun for????

email.gif

Tony Z

Well i want it mostly for range use and i will take it on the trail sometimes i will not be shooting anything but factory loads and i would also use it for home defense so it will be a multi purpose gun.I love the feel of big firearms so i dont care if one is more bulky than the other but i dont want anything with over a 6in barrel.

Later

Black Diamond,

may I suggest a Smith & Wesson 629-5, with a 5"
barrel? I think this would full fill all your
requirement's. Great weapon, out of the box
silky-smooth double action trigger. Dressed out
with a set of factory wood grips, this weapon
is awesome!!!:D:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

MOLON LABE!!!

I know this is a dumb question but what does the -5 in 629-5 mean ??

And how much would be a good price to look for new and used

Ruger

I would Second your choice for the fine ruger Super redhawk in 44Spc/44Mag with a 5 1/2" barrel.

Another great pick in the 38/357Mag Caliber would be the GP-100 With a 4" or 6' Barrel and full underlug, in Stainless Steal.

Ruger RedHawk

ksrh7.gif

Ruger GP100

kgpf340.gif

ruger GP100 Full Underlug

gp161.gif

Tony

Last edited:
If you can give both brands a try. I personally prefer Ruger, but you might like S&W more....that is why you need to try both out.

:cool: I have a ruger superredhawk in 44 and it is easily the most comfratable handgun I shoot, that includes 22.s I strongly recomend a Ruger. Best case though if you can shoot a # of different models to see what you prefer.

good shootin

The Rugers are wonderful guns. Dad's had a 44 mag blackhawk since before I was born. It's killed several deer, a mountain goat, even a black bear on one occasion. It's been under water, mired in silt, and packed full of snow. ( Late fall hunting in Utah mountains does not constitute ideal weather conditions.) Also when you tracking game and end up swimming a creek you don't have the luxury of stopping to clean the pistol if you want that buck. The guns are flat out reliable.....'nough said.

Last edited:
Back