Ruger OldArmy

emissary1911

Just wondering what are the going prices on Ruger Old Army cap and ball pistols now a days?
I have one that is in excelent shape ,im thinking about selling ,still on the fence about it But would liketo get a feel if they are selling and what kind of prices they are bringing!
Thanks
Jeff

They are appreciating rapidly. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what it will bring. Gunbroker. Search closed auctions and see what they actually bring, rather than one man's fantasy. I don't know the other auction sites search capabilities.

prices

Gunbroker has 3 that will time out soon, with multiple bids, that will likeliy go for close to $900+. A fella might find one locally for less, but they have become highly desireable. Like selling anything........depends on what folks are willing to pay.

Grail gun right there for me, a fixed sight 8 inch ROA in stainless. By the time I save enough to buy one at todays' prices, they will have gone up another $500!

7 1/2" fixed sight, stainless or blue, $1000ish. 7 1/2" adjustable sight, stainless or blue, 6-$800ish, but I've seen a couple blued ones sell on Gunbroker lately for under $500, one under $400. 5 1/2" fixed sight, stainless or blue, $1500ish - there's a stainless one on GB right now up to $1610, shipped, with six hours to go. 5 1/2" adjustable sight, stainless or blue, the sky's the limit, because Ruger never made one.

I've owned 13, and am currently at six: 3 blued fixed sight and 3 stainless fixed sight. I had a pair of 5 1/2"ers for awhile, but found I really didn't care for the shorter barrels, and sold them within three months.

There's a shooter on the SASS wire looking for a 5 1/2"er, if you're interested in selling yours.
https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/353130-wtb-55-inch-roa/

Good God a'mighty, the gavel just fell on the 5 1/2"er on Gunbroker @ $3205.00, shipped (#1006412072)... my estimate of their value may have been a little low... but it only takes two bidders with more money than common sense, I guess.

i had seven OA,s and after shooting them for about 25 years and with their prices shooting thru the roof, i left six go at good prices. but i kept one a pre 76( no warning on barrel) SS 7.5" with ad sights in ex condition(fired 18 times) with reverse cylinder marking for black powder only, serial #1321. i put a set of factory ruger fake ivory grips on it.

Last edited:
Back