Ruger Old Army, and parts

Nodak1858

Won a ROA on Gunbroker for a decent price. Pretty decent shape, a couple of small pits on the barrel but bore is good the price was right. The only issue is the base retaining pin is in tough shape. The pin has a groove in it like someone pounded it through when the cylinder pin wasn't full inserted. So the detent ball is pressed in and the edge of the hole is rolled over so the ball won't come out. inform think I can touch it up so the ball will be pushed out. Anyone have a line on one or have a replacement? I know Green Mt has a set up but I want to keep fairly stock.

The pin has been discontinued for a while, from my Google-fo looks like everyone is out.
I have some ideas in the head of making a replacement, but it wouldn't be something that's easily taken out. Which wouldn't be the end of the world, but in case down the road I get a conversion cylinder I'd like the option.

Base pin retaining pin, wasn't very clear in the original post.
I made a replacement using a shoulder screw and a hex nut I rounded off and made into a round slotted nut. Turned out pretty decent, but a quick cylinder change isn't happening now.

Back