Ruger No1 in .308

Judge Blackhawk

Help, I am in love with the .308 caliber and also desire to have one in the Ruger No.1 rifle.

I have seen pictures of the Ruger No.1 in .308 in the book "Ruger, the man and his guns" but have not been able to find one in person. Ruger does not have the No.1 listed for .308 in the new catalog or last years catalog.

Has the no.1 been available in .308, and if so what configuration (ie: 1-A, 1-B, 1-S, 1-V)????

Any help would be appreciated. Also, if you would happen to know where there is one of this for sale????

Thanks
Judge Blackhawk

keep em clean, safe and love your children

I just checked their web site and there are no 308's listed as available. I also like the 308 and I think I would like the 7mm-08 but Ruger doesn't chamber the No.1 for the former or ANYTHING for the latter.

The problem is I LOVE Ruger rifles and especially the No.1 so I have to settle for 243 and 7mm mag. And the 243 ain't really settling - it's the best deer cartridge I've ever used!!

Mikey

Judge. I have seen only one Ruger #1 in .308 Win. It was the model 1AB. It looked like the model B, but had only a 22 inch barrel rather than the 26 incher that was on the model B. Price was rather high too. $800. Seems like it is in the scarce collecters only status. I'd love to have a 1A in .308. One of my favorite cartridges.
Paul B.

They offer them in 6mm and .243, which are about the same case size and head diameter as the .308.
They are not offered at all in .308 from the factory for some obscure reason.

Why not just get a used barreled action, or action only, and barrel it in .308?
Any action set up for the same case head size would do, then chamber and thread the barrel, etc. otherwise, you would have to switch out the extractor and ejector. Also simple.
Or, get one in 30-06, and set the barrel back. Very simple job for any qualified gunsmith.
Barreled actions can be had from Brownell's for about $465.00 list.
Dealer price from Brownell's is $353.00

Back