Ruger No. 1 .243 Winchester

Bushmaster1313

d9064ff6-11a4-455e-b167-d491bb8e587b_zps904c9fd6.jpg

CIMG1667_zps77153bd9.jpg

CIMG1663_zps3b453071.jpg

100 yards from the bench:
photo_zpsxjcsswe7.jpg

photo%201_zpsjizvavqj.jpg

Looks like the one I used to have. One of the few sales I regret making.
It loved Sierra 85 BTHP and 4350.

My No.1 Varmint variant, chambered in .220 Swift, is the most accurate rifle I've ever owned-and owned more than a few :o. And, yes, a No.1 in this configuration is a mite heavy.
I love the looks and handling of RSI No.1 rifles and the great accuracy of Bushmaster1313's specimen is icing on the cake.

Oh my!!!

Bushmaster....that is a very sweet, svelte and classy looking rig......very nice indeed, and I am more than a bit jealous.......good for you.

The No1's with Mannlicher style forearm have a certain look that appeals to me, and yours is topped with a small bell scope, which looks very Euro and old school as well, and just right on the rifle. I wouldn't change it a bit. So too, I applaud your caliber, that will be a very mild shooting rig, and nice and tidy to tote about as well.

What load/ammo has produced that 3 shot group?????

Very nice!

I was at the range one day and there was a guy that had half a dozen Ruger 1s with him. He was working on collecting one in each caliber. I was a bit jealous.

Nice. I really like the RSI style.

I have a thing for #1s.

standard.jpg

The #1 isn't intended as a benchrest rifle, they are hunting rifles so pinpoint accuracy isn't a high priority. I find that mine shoot well enough.

The 243 @ 100 yards...

standard.jpg

The 458 @ 50...

standard.jpg

The 7x57...

standard.jpg

Back