ruger mk2 help

racin

i took my ruger mk2 apart to clean for the first time. cleaned firing pin took off barrel. put back together racked the bolt pulled trigger and nothing. now i cant get the main spring housing out cuz it was not dry fired. what can be done

It is, but I can't take credit for it. I first ran across it when someone else recommended it to a person having trouble with a Ruger .22 pistol.

Hope it solves racin's problem!

This is the 1st time I've seen it, so you can at least take credit for sharing it. I have a MK III 22/45 and have had my fair share of puzzling moments during the takedown/cleaning process.

Go to youtube and find a fieldstrip video you are comfortable with. Bookmark that video.
Once you have it down, it will take less than one minute to fieldstrip or re-assemble.

I installed a hammer bushing to simplify the takedown on my Mark III. The pistol was plagued with problems afterward. Prior to the modification it was problem free. I finally gave up and returned it to stock. It has functioned flawlessly since. Installing the bushing, constantly field stripping to troubleshoot, and putting the stock parts back in myself has given me all the "tools" necessary to deal with the process.

GarandTD

My experience exactly super frustrated.
Going back to stock.
Almost every round needs help to go into battery. Injection is perfect though.
Researched the heck out of it.
Nothing helped.
The upside is that I can field strip one blindfolded.

Jim

Jim567, exactly is right! I would have 1-4 rounds per magazine need help going into battery. It got to a point where I didn't really enjoy shooting the pistol anymore. That's when I knew I had to get it back to stock. It was the right decision. Luckily it was a relatively cheap lesson learned. $10-$12 loss for the bushing.

Back