Ruger Mk II Gov't Target

surfersami

I have one and the gun is extremely accurate. 50 yds off sandbags=<1".
The trigger pull is the lightest I have ever felt on a factory gun. I haven't measured it, but accidental double taps are common with new shooters firing this gun. I have to warn them about the trigger. There is a little movement 1/8" until the sear is felt, and maybe the same after release. What can be done to clean up the play befor and after?

I'm not sure there is a problem, but if it does bother you, take the trigger out, drill and tap it so you can out an allen type set screw and adjust it so the sear just releases, to eliminate the play.

I bought (or my marksmanship unit) 4 each Rugers for each of our 6 BNs and seperate companies for compitition. They are great shooters. Enjoy.

Thanks, It doesn't bother me so much, I mess up more from lack of concentration than the trigger. What is a typical trigger pull for this gun coming out of the factory?

The factory trigger has a pre-travel screw, but the gun must be stripped to reach it.

Valquartsen sells a target trigger that has pre and post travel screws.

melchloboo said:
The factory trigger has a pre-travel screw, but the gun must be stripped to reach it.

That would be over-travel (not pre-travel). Getting to it, though, does require detail stripping it.

I found that the factory overtravel screw to be not-so-great. I removed my triggerdrilled and tapped a small hole in the middle of the trigger face for a ss allen screw. Reassembled and screwed the screwin far enough that it wouldn't fire. back the screw out 1/2 turn at a time until it fires. Back it out an additional 1/4 turn and put a small drop of blue loctite or nail polish on the backside of the screw.

Back