Ruger Mk II drop safety?

baj

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what kind (if any) of drop safety Ruger Mark II's have? Is the 22/45 the same? I know there is a manual safety on the guns, but if the safety is off is there something to keep it from firing if it is jarred/dropped and the trigger is not pulled?

Thanks.

I do not know the details on the internals of your Ruger, but I notice that many of their .22 auto pistols have passed California's drop test.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/certlist.htm

3 different examples of every gun must be dropped onto a concrete slab 4 different ways (including on the muzzle) from 39 inches in height and must not fire the chambered primed case.

The gun has to pass this drop test and reliability testing in order to be included on the list.

-Mk.IV

Mk.IV,

Thanks for pointing that out. I live in CA and I honestly forgot that that DOJ approval actually has some meaning. :) I don't have one of these yet but my wife (who only ever shot once before) shot one this past weekend and enjoyed it so much that I think there could be one in our future. Ruger's web page talks about the drop safety for the P-series but not the rimfire pistols so I wasn't sure.

I'm no longer concerned about the safety of these pistols but if anybody knows what kind of drop safety mechanism they have I would be curious to hear about it.

Back