Ruger Mini30

KorTek

Inactive
I'm thinkin about gettin one of these. Are hicap mags still available and how much are they runnin for? Will the Meprolight night sights that Bushmaster offers for the Mini14 fit the 30 and are they any good? What about having the barrel shortened and having a flash hider welded on? Does that affect reliability? Thanks.

------------------
why?

I have a Mimi-30. It's no tackdriver but it's good for the intended job. Mine's a ranch version. Sorry, can't help you on the sights. Hi-caps are still avalible for about $12-$18 depending on where you get them. USA mags seem to work pretty good, but sometimes you have to tweak the feed lips a little. I don't think shortening the barrel is advisable in an auto rifle, besides it would cost more than I'd care to put into one of these. For flash hiders, get yourself a Brownell's catalog. They sell several flash hider/front sight combos that replace the factory unit and are easy to install.
I put a low power scope on mine and the front sight made a shadow in the view. I got an Eagle flash hider and removed the front sight (2 small screws) to solve the problem and it looks good too.

Back