Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle Tactical Sights

bad_dad_brad

I have a new Mini-14 ranch rifle in stainless with plastic stocks that I have not mounted a scope on yet.

I am interested in either mounting a new iron sight or some kind of low power scope both intended for tactical use - 100 yards or less.

Any opinions? All the dealer wants to sell me is a 3X9 which is way more scope both optically and pricewise than I need or want.

Try www.ashleyoutdoors.com for some excellant replacement ghost ring sights for the ranch rifle. They are a huge improvement over the stock, flip down sights.

Bushnell makes what they call (I think) a Turkey Scope. I think it is a 2-7X and uses a circle (not a dot) in the center of the crosshairs. (similar to the setup on the Styer AUG optics) I haven't tried one yet but they are supposed to be an excellant choice for rifles like the Mini14. The last one I saw was selling for about $125.

I had found a rear sight for the ranch model that had protective ears in Brownells, but upon calling I discovered that they were no longer stocking that item.
When performing an internet search for the manufacturer (Dakota Precision), I found an address and a phone number, but the line was disconnected. Has anyone heard of this business, and if they are still around? I am looking to buy two of them for a friend and my father-in-law.

Brad,

Check out the Leupold Gilmore red dot sights. I have the LG-1 on my Ranch Rifle, and I love it. It will fit right into the 1" rings. It has a 2 MOA dot. You can shoot with both eyes open so target acquisition is very fast. You can buy one over the internet for about $160. HTH

Halffast

------------------
"I say that big talk is worth doodly-squat." Granny Hawkins from the Outlaw Josey Wales

I purchased a weaver mount that fits directly on the Ranch mount. Then I mounted an old Tasco 30mm red-dot sight to that, and wow....this gun is a pure joy to plink with now. Go with a red-dot. Tactical, practical, and fun.

happy shooting!

Back