Ruger Maximum Serial Numbers

Coogs

Some of you know that I am into the Max in a big way.I go by the same handle on several other forums. Well, I have been "collecting" Maximum serial numbers since about '86. Right now about 1000+. Trying to determine ratio of barrel lengths, variation changes, etc., etc. Ruger produced a total of 16,314 Maximums, by serial number count. Less than 11,500 ever shipped. Ruger actually destroyed over 5000 Maximums, from just serialized frames to completed guns.:eek::eek: #600-11588 is the highest serial number out in public hands, that's why I'm looking for it. So, if you got a Max and are willing to share the number, drop me a PM with the barrel length and any other info you think may be important. Thanks for looking, Coogs.

Last edited:
I have seen your posts here for years and am always on the lookout for Ruger Maximums. I even have that sn saved in a notepad file on my phone so I know what I am looking for.

With that said...
I -never- see 'em! Part of the problem is very likely that I am typically "on a mission" at each gun show and my brain has gotten very used to passing over the countless guns that don't draw my interest... so most single action hoglegs just direct my eyes to whatever is next to them.

But I will keep looking! ;)

Sevens, thanks! Keep tryin'! It seems that most Maxi's are NOW safe queens. Some being shot, but what is scary is how many have been/are being converted. I don't mind that in a way, just keeps drivin' the price up !! Coogs.

coogs, I have one that I bought new back in the 80s with the idea of using it for deer hunting. but when I heard they were going to stop making them I put it away. it is new in the box, 10 1/2 in. s.n. 600-05735. Tom

Below are some pics of the front sight height variation to the 7 1/2 Maximum. let me know which you have. Just indicate "high" or "low" Thanks again, Coogs.

dscn0105.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
dscn0104.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Coogs,

I think I gave you mine over on the Ruger forum. the last 4 are 2707 for 7.5" barreled version with box and manual. If you don't have that in your database, let me know and I will send you the whole number.

Fun shooter, but I wish the front ejector screw would not unscrew all the time.

Back