Ruger MAX 9

Saw them in the case today at LGS, didn't ask to play with one... I simply don't need another Ruger with a magazine that doesn't fit any other Ruger.

Saw them in the case today at LGS, didn't ask to play with one... I simply don't need another Ruger with a magazine that doesn't fit any other Ruger.

Shiny new gun! Yeah!

Then you get to spend on 3 or 4 holsters, until you find one you like. Figure at least another $100+.

Then you load up on magazines, maybe another $150 by the time you get "enough".

I'll have to make do with the cheap-o Security 9... at least those magazines fit my PC Carbine. :D

Security is shorter than the Max 9.

Built up Ruger PF-9 currently listed at 650 on gun.deals? No. I don't expect you'll find many with a Max-9. Pretty much have to hate money and better features to buy it now.

I was able to handle (but not shoot) several subcompact pistols at my lgs, including a Smith & Wesson 1.0 Plus, a Springfield Hellcat, a SIG 365 XL and the Ruger MAX 9. I liked a lot about the Ruger (especially it's much lower price @ $400.00); liked the "feel" of the Hellcat least of the four pistols but it was okay and ended up buying the SIG.
Interestingly, the SIG with the safety was selling for considerably less than the variant without the safety, due, according to the salesperson, to the fact that most buyers don't want a manually-operated safety on their striker-fired pistol. Fortunately for me, I'm one of an apparent minority who insists on having a manually-operated safety on any striker-fired pistol.
Because the Biden administration and a compliant Democratic Congress is about to unleash Draconian anti-gun legislation affecting only law-abiding American citizens, I ponied up for a SIG 15 round, high-capacity magazine, to the tune of $49.99. :eek::mad: Get 'em now or never get 'em later.

i was at the range today, guy there just picked up his new Maxx9, approached him and asked if i may try the gun out, i have the hellcat, right off the bat i can say is the trigger is much better and softer felt recoil over the Hellcat, but from what i can see it's probably me, i find i can shoot the hellcat more accurate.hope this helps

chet

"Trigger is much better"? For who? You or the owner of the gun? I had a LC9S, Loved the gun, the slim design, the way it handled, but got rid of it because the trigger after about 6,000 rd had become so light, (down to 4lbs of pull) a lot of pre-travel that the spring appeared to be broken and then a light wall and then just a Bang. I just did not want to carry it as I prefer different triggers Preferably smooth, deliberate DAO's. Yet, the idea that the trigger was so light for myself is actually what others want in a carry gun and consider "BETTER".
It is not for me, but to say a trigger is better has to be defined as to the reason why.

I was looking at the specs of the new Ruger Max. It seems IMO to be a hybid of the LC9S and the SR9C.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/ruger-sr9c-vs-ruger-max-9

Last edited:
sir
when u posted the trigger is better for who, i was referring to the trigger is better then the new Hellcat. got it

chet

Back