Ruger Mark II

leapfrog

I handled a Mark II recently and really liked the way it felt. Seemed to be molded to my hand. My question is if the trigger is adjustable for pull weight like the Buckmark Target Models?

Answer: no.
Question: Why would you want to????? My MK-II has a hair trigger out of the box as it is!! It has to be in the 2.5-3lb range now, which is OK because my carry pistols have 3.5lb triggers, but I don't think you want to mess with it any further!!!;)
BTW If you like the feel of the MK-II, hen you will love the P08 Luger!!!!!

Grab one, NOW!!!!

By God, man, if you don't own a MkII, you aint right. I just bought one a bit ago and can't imagine life without it. Talk about fun!

Mine's the stainless target version with the bull barrel. Totally great to shoot and not as hard to clean as some would have you believe.

As for the trigger, it's super light to begin with and breaks cleanly. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about mine and strongly encourage you to pick one up.

I got my first Ruger .22 Autoloader at the age of nine. I am on my third one now; a Mark II Stainless with the bull barrel. I am thinking seriously about putting a Tasco Optima 2000 optical sight on it. If you arn't happy with the trigger, there are all kinds of gunsmiths that specialize in these. Check out Clark Custom Guns. I am pretty sure they have some trick packages. I personally am happy with my trigger.

Greeting's All:

I too, own a Ruger MK-II KMK-512 which is the stainless steel, bull barrel target model.:) I've had this particular
firearm since Oct. of 98; and I've had 0 problems with it.:D
And the trigger is just great; right out of the box!!!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Amen, brother. Amen

Right after God got done with those animals and swapping ribs for women, etc. He made the Ruger Mk II.

And then I think he rested for a while.

While Adam went plinking.

I'm just telling you what I heard.

Darn fine pistol.

Preach on, Brother Gremlin, preach on!

The Mark II is one of those rare things that just appears, perfect from it's very beginning. Why mess with it?

I have one of the blued 5 1/2" bull barreled models and I love it. I do not find any trouble with the trigger now. If I later can shoot it better than the trigger, I will put a new one in it, but I do not see that happening soon. The only parts I have added to it are the extended mag release and the scope mount (good deal on a red dot and nothing else to put it on).

I for one am NOT a fan of the MkII. I don't like the fact that the mag release is on the bottom. Confuses my girlfriend who thinks now every gun has the mag release on the bottom, which just isn't true for any centerfires. Also, I'm concerned about the mag coming out if dropped wrong accidentally.

Now if you are talking 22/45, then I'd agree.

God made the MkII, then said "hmmm, maybe I'll make some polymers..." and He did. Then came the 22/45..

Albert

I'm not crazy about the location of the mag release on my MK-II's, but I can't imagine how they'd come accidently! The catch is stiff enough that they don't want to come out on purpose! :)

I've got a slabside government model...Very accurate and reliable as a rock...Just for the heck of it, I installed a Volquartsen trigger kit(trigger, spring, sear, etc)...It was very easy to install and made a big difference in the gun...It is crisp with very little creep...I shoot with people who have all kinds of .22's...None of them come close to this combination...

Back