Ruger Mark II rings

Hi All,

I have a Ruger M77 Mark II chambered in 22-250 and I have a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40mm that I would like to mount on it. Anybody have any ideas as to what rings I should get to have the bell just above the barrel? I believe that with my receiver the front mount is shorter than my rear mount. Am I correct in thinking this? Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, it's not always easy to find the lowest possible mount set-up without trial and error. Variables in barrel contour, scope length, and eye relief can impact the height of rings/mounts required.

The factory ring heights supplied by Ruger increase in increments of .125" in height, the lowest being the size "3_", and the highest being size "6_". The 77 Mark II uses one lower size in the front than the rear, such as a "4_" in the front and a "5_" in the rear. I mounted a smaller 3-9X Weaver on a Ruger using a 3_ in the front and 4_ in the rear, and the objective just barely clears the sporter weight barrel. I'm sure you would need at least a 4_ in the front and 5_ in the rear, but that may not be high enough if you have a bull barrel or if the objective housing diameter is large.

Shopruger dot com has a ring chart on their website that might be of some help.

Back