Ruger M77 rifle Accuracy

roc1

I own several Ruger revolvers and love them. I have a chance at a even swap for a Ruger M77 RBZ Stainless in 300 Win mag for my Ruger redhawk 44 mag.It has the brown laminated stock and is either 22 or 24 inch barrell.Is this a good trade?Are the Ruger M77 300 mag typically a accurate gun? This is a internet deal so all you have to go on are pics?
Thanks for any help
roc1

Well, I own about 6 Ruger 77s, one is a SS/Lam 77 MKII in .280 that shoots right at an inch. Trigger feels fine to my finger, and the last Ruger bolt I bought, a .338 Fed in the new Hawkeye (with LC6 trigger), shoots sub MOA. I suppose I'll keep buying any Rugers that suit my fancy.

I have never come across a Ruger 77 chambered in 300WM that wasnt very acurate. Of the many I have fired, all of them have been MOA or less.

I've never owned a Ruger rifle, but before the new generation Savages became so popular around here, it seemed like most of the serious elk hunters preferred the Rugers. Seems like half the elk hunters I ran into in the hills were carrying some kind of Ruger in either 7 mm mag or 300 win mag. They can't be too bad.

I have 2 of them and love them.22 hornet and 22-250. I have Remington, Savage, Weatherby, Winchester and Marlins. If I was to buy a new gun it would be a Ruger. I hope that helps you.

Ruger accuray:

Sure, they are pretty accurate for a hunting rifle. But if you are comparing them to say a Savage bolt action rifle, then there is no comparison in my opinion. Quality of the Ruger is very good, but accuracy can't be beat from the Savage model bolt actions. I now own two (7mm mag and .308) and I was totally blown away with their accuracy. For the price, nothing comes close to Savage accuracy out of the box. Now I own other more expensive rifles for hunting (Blaser, etc.) but I don't believe any of them are more accurate than my new Savage Model 14 American Classic in .308 (with the accu-trigger). I don't know how they do it for the money. Simply amazing.

Back