ruger m77 manlicher conversion?

I believe the manlicher stocked rifles are built with the thinner barrel profile of the Ruger Ultralights or Compact rifles. But I could be wrong. Even so, it could probably still be done with the barrel channel of the stock opened up.

Not really.

Not only is the M77-RSI/mannlicher barrel shorter & of a thinner contour (same as the UltraLightweight), the RSI stock is measurably thinner - thin enough that a widening of the barrel channel is conraindicated.

The only Ruger Model 77 suitable for the conversion would be the M77-UL (UltraLightweight), due to it's suitable bbl contour.

That advice, however, is for using a RUGER RSI stock - a regular Ruger M77R or M77RS can be mannlicher-stocked via purchasing the stock from one of the aftermarket stock making companies, like great American Gunstocks, etc, etc.
Of course, it won't be a drop-in, and will also be uncheckered/unfinished.

I've done a little research on this myself.
different contours and barrel lengths make conversion a long, expensive, and difficult process.

I have also done quite a bit of searching and have been unable to find any mannlicher style stocks for the M77 or NO1

The Great American Gunstock Co carries this one, but as posted, it's not a drop-in.
The company will fit it, though: http://www.gunstocks.com/pricemn.html

mann01.jpg

Wenig and Macon gunstocks also lists mannlicher stocks - all will also need to be inletted & finished, etc.

Back