ruger m77 hawkeye tactical

mdd

As I've said before on this forum I believe the term "tactical" is over-used and nothing more than a marketing tool. However that is the label ruger chose to affix to this firearm so there it is. Despite this, its an interesting setup. 20" flat black heavy barrel, black hogue stock, comes with a Harris bipod. The reviews I can find online are limited but all are very positive. Has anyone shot one of these? I'm thinking of one in 243 just for fun.

It seems to be overpriced for what is offered. Check out the Howa heavy barrel with the Hogue available in 223 or 308. A lot cheaper and very accurate. I have one is 223 and added the Harris bipod.

Not interested in a howa but I appreciate the suggestion. I was hoping someone on here had personal experience with this exact model.

Mdd I have a new Hawkeye in 7-08 and I love it. I think the new Rugers are more accurate than what some of the older ones were.I bet any of the 20" guns are good. My Savage tactical is a nail driver and I have heard the same about the Remington.I say that to say I bet the Ruger is right there with them.I would go for it since that is the one you want. i bet you would be happy.
roc1

I have Ruger MKII m77 All Weather in Stainless 243WIN.

It is an accurate rifle and very fun to shoot.

BTW, if anyone is interested it is for sale, and it is listed in the classified.

Any answers yet?

Did you ever get your answer on this Hawkeye Tactical in .243??

I am considering this rifle and haven't seen too much written about it.
Actually bought the glass for it but still waiting on the final vote of confidence before I buy the Rifle.

No experience, but if you do go through with it, please give us yours.

My main interest in this gun is it has a two stage target trigger (not LC6) coupled with a model 70 type bolt and I have only the gunblast article to read for first hand experience.

I will be happy to share what I learn. I plan on having this rifle by the middle of January. I have a few loads already loaded and ready to break in the barrel.

Back