Ruger M77 Compact 7.62X39

ADIDAS69

I need sugestions for scope mounts.

I can't find a pistol grip stock for the rifle. If anyone has thoughts on that i would appreciat it.

Possible thoughts on converting it to recieve a larger magazine.

don't think so

Sounds to me like you want to change a M77 into a Mini-30.

If you just HAVE to have the features you mention, sell the Compact and buy the Mini.

But, a high quality x39 bolt sporter is a useful rifle. A near perfect centerfire starter rifle. Low recoil (no recoil) safe and easy manual of arms and adequate power. Easily scoped. My M77-II so chambered is light and portable, and will hold 1.5 MOA or so w/ US ammo.

Properly loaded and applied, an ideal hog/deer rifle to 175-200 yds or so.

I can't imagine a deer, hog or black bear surviving a properly loaded and applied x 39 round.

Bamaranger hit it. Over the years I've spent countless hours looking through the available m77 stocks, both new & used, and cannot recall ever seeing a pistol grip stock. The new ruger GSR 308 is the first I've seen a detachable magazine adapted to an m77. Not saying that one hasn't been done previous to ruger's iteration...just that I've never seen one.

Sounds to me like you want an AR chambered for 7.62x39.

RE Bamaranger

I definitely wanted a bolt gun, i already have two SKS's outfitted with the Shernic Gun Works bull pup stocks. They're great to about 150 yards and are mostly used as trigger therapy. I would love for ruger to produce the Scout in a 7.62X39 that would be my ideal rifle for the purpose. .308 Win. is just so much energy waisted when using a 16 inch barrel. Plus decent 7.62X39 ammo is easy to find and not super expensive; and in crisis i know my neighbors will have ammo if i run out.

I haven't actually purchased the rifle yet and if any of you guys have thoughts that would suggest paying the extra cents for the CZ in the same caliber I would love to hear them.

Back